Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Please Help...electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 12:47 AM
DannoManSt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help...electrical issues

I have a 2007 Magnum that has the bigger of the two 6 cylinders in it from a 2008. Last night I’m almost home and the dash panel lights start going haywire, all of the gauges quit (like they lost all power) almost all of the warming lights light up, the chime goes off, and I noticed what sounded like the little safety switch in the gear shifter that keeps you from going into drive unless the brakes are pushed started “clicking”. I also lose some power to the engine. It did all of this off and on for about the last mile and a half of the drive. Today, I get to looking at it and I figure it’s coroded battery terminals so I take the positive off and clean the heck out of it. When I make contact with the terminal to put it back on I hear everything come on and then my car starts up. Funny thing is that the keys are on the ground behind the car by me. I take the cable back off and try again...same thing...twice. So now it’s running on its own and I get in and put the key in the switch to attempt to turn it off and it just keeps running until I push the brake to put it in gear and it dies. Weird right? I check all of the fuses and look for stripped wires or shorts, nada. Get back in and it starts like usual. It gives me a code on the ODB2 of P1004 wich according to my machine means something like weak battery to the computer. Drive it down the road about a mile and it does the same thing as last night the same way. Make it home and recheck everything, grounds, positives, harness, fuses, etc. Then I erase the codes and retest...same result. Take it for another drive only to have it all happen again but this time I can drive it but only in maybe second gear, lose what feels like almost all power, and any accelleration results in really high rpms. Kinda like it was in limp mode. I get it home and shut it off and for at least 5 minutes hear what could only be all of the water or coolant in the engine boiling to the point where I thought for sure the block was gonna crack...went inside and here I am.
Any Takers??
Ideas?
Critisizm for such a long winded post?
Anything?

Old 11-27-2018, 12:29 AM
DannoManSt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero Responses For Real

Originally Posted by DannoManSt
I have a 2007 Magnum that has the bigger of the two 6 cylinders in it from a 2008. Last night I’m almost home and the dash panel lights start going haywire, all of the gauges quit (like they lost all power) almost all of the warming lights light up, the chime goes off, and I noticed what sounded like the little safety switch in the gear shifter that keeps you from going into drive unless the brakes are pushed started “clicking”. I also lose some power to the engine. It did all of this off and on for about the last mile and a half of the drive. Today, I get to looking at it and I figure it’s coroded battery terminals so I take the positive off and clean the heck out of it. When I make contact with the terminal to put it back on I hear everything come on and then my car starts up. Funny thing is that the keys are on the ground behind the car by me. I take the cable back off and try again...same thing...twice. So now it’s running on its own and I get in and put the key in the switch to attempt to turn it off and it just keeps running until I push the brake to put it in gear and it dies. Weird right? I check all of the fuses and look for stripped wires or shorts, nada. Get back in and it starts like usual. It gives me a code on the ODB2 of P1004 wich according to my machine means something like weak battery to the computer. Drive it down the road about a mile and it does the same thing as last night the same way. Make it home and recheck everything, grounds, positives, harness, fuses, etc. Then I erase the codes and retest...same result. Take it for another drive only to have it all happen again but this time I can drive it but only in maybe second gear, lose what feels like almost all power, and any accelleration results in really high rpms. Kinda like it was in limp mode. I get it home and shut it off and for at least 5 minutes hear what could only be all of the water or coolant in the engine boiling to the point where I thought for sure the block was gonna crack...went inside and here I am.
Any Takers??
Ideas?
Critisizm for such a long winded post?
Anything?
Zero Replies Seriously Thank Dodge Forum Real Big Help. I’ll spread the word about how much this helped...appreciate it really...

Quick Reply: Please Help...electrical issues