Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 11:23 PM
saintmythi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post should i buy?

hi my name is mythi, i am 28 and live in colorado. i have been looking for the ultimate wagon. sexy 4wd beast of a car
i have been looking for a wagon that is 4wd so i went to rush city and bought me a 97 Buick roadmaster estate wagon collectors edition with the LT1 350 motor and towing package. i drove it back to Colorado and have been having some fun. the idea is to put that sexy a## on a 6.2L escalade frame and have a sexy wagon that is 4wd.

since than it has been snowing and i was given the offer to buy a dodge magnum instead of building the "roadillac".

i was thinking about it and i might get a awd magnum while i work on my roadillac project.
the question being should i really buy a magnum? i like the look of this wagon; even more with the 300c front. Sadly looks dont make a car great.
don't know what year, but sounds like a good time while i work on my project. i think if i get 1 i will most likly want to lift it up off the ground.
do you see any problems with that? most likly 2 to 6 inches. i know if i do a lot of lift it will take more time and parts to do.
i have herd a lot of bad things about the car thats why i feel the need to ask. i.e. transmission, bad motors, awd not working, plastic with a bad radio.
any input would greatly help.

also i want to mainly know will a 4x8 sheet of plywood fit in the back or is it like a hummer. big but small inside?
please help

Old 02-27-2019, 10:42 PM
magnumbongo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a lot of plastic on the interior yes. I bought a magnum with 280k miles on it and i was too dumb to not change the timing belt or even check it and it shredded and bent all my valves. But other than that it's been pretty reliable, it gets me where I need to go. Pros are that its got AWD options, It's got plenty of power, it's roomy, it's a head turner, it's basically a charger. Cons are that the 2.7L is junk, the RWD model isn't great in snow, visbility is terrible, and stupid little things like ABS and TCS are on it so you run the chance of having to replace little 100$ sensors every now and then. It all depends on mileage and model. I'd say if you're looking for a good snow wagon, find a SXT AWD model. If you have the extra cash, maybe find an R/T AWD model. Good luck!

Quick Reply: should i buy?