Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Please dont pass by! Need help after engine swapp

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 04:35 PM
Jaiidutch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please dont pass by! Need help after engine swapp

hey everyone,

i have just done a engine swapp on my 05 magnum and im having issues. I bought a fresh reman engine with zero miles on all parts and installed it after my valve seat dropped in the cars original engine. Install went clean no major issues and no pinched wires or harness. the car does start but once it does it immediately revs to 3500rpms and then slowly drops rpms till it hits around the 1300rpm mark and stalls out every time. I can tap the gas to keep her on and the engine sounds really healthy(obviously i dont want to rev too much due to the fact im still in the beginning of the break in period). I have done the spray test for vacuum leaks and there does not seem to be any. as far as i can tell i have all lines/sensors hooked up. car is not throwing a check engine light. I have AllData and have used it to go threw everything on the engine and cannot find anything ive missed so now im looking to you! any one have any ideas?

PLEASE HELP lol

Last edited by Jaiidutch; 04-15-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Please dont pass by! Need help after engine swapp