Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Anyone replaced their PCM/ECM ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Ron Taylor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone replaced their PCM/ECM ?

I was having a lot of issues with my 06 5.7 like the dieing issue check eng light coming on etc. I cleaned all the grounds and took the PCM out cleaned the connections and put some dielectric grease at the connections...well the stalling stopped but I now get p0138 O2 code bank 1 sensor 2 code....its brand new sensor and I even pulled it out and put another one in I had extra and it still codes ...anyone seen this before? The PO told me the last shop that worked on the car told him it needed a new Computer ....i am holding out as long as I can to not have to get one..has anyone bought one and who did you go to for it? It's frustrating as to why its doing this code thing and only 1 sensor and they are brand new? What gives. Any advice is appreciated and recommendations of where to get a PCM if I am needing one. Thanks in advance

Old 12-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Mom's magnum
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to replace mine for similar reasons. The cost was over $1700. I went through the local dealership as my mechanic left the independent company he worked for. Best thing I ever did. My Magnum did not ever throw any codes, besides an egr sensor.

Quick Reply: Anyone replaced their PCM/ECM ?