Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2007 RT - Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 09:00 AM
nic_hldr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 RT - Starting Issue

2007 Dodge Magnum RT Starting Issue

*No Codes are shown to help diagnose

I have thrown parts at it and it has not helped the problem. When I attempt to start the car, it does not start right away. Sometimes it does not crank at all for a few seconds and I just hear the fuse relays clicking from the trunk, and sometimes it cranks and starts after a few seconds.

On each initial start the car is in limp mode. I let it warm up a few minutes or drive for a block or 2 and then turn it off and restart. When I restart the car, 85% of the time, the car fires right up and has returned to normal and is no longer in limp mode.

Here are the parts I have replaced so far:

Battery is 6 Months old along with the Alternator

Crankshaft Sensor

Camshaft Sensor

EGR Valve (due to a code back in November ‘20)

New PCM in June

Oil Temp Sensor (due to code in July)

Ignition Switch

Oil Pressure Switch (Due to code earlier this month)

Fuel Pump and Fuel Pump Module

I have read that this could be from fuel injector leakdown. I have tried to pressurize the fuel system by turning the key on a few times first, but it does not seem to help.

I thought if it was spark related then it would throw codes but I could be wrong.

Also – could this somehow be transmission related? When the car restarts out of limp mode, there are no issues. It runs great until the next time I am trying to start it.

Quick Reply: 2007 RT - Starting Issue