Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Continental Tires make good on Bad Treadwear

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Blu05RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continental Tires make good on Bad Treadwear

I'm sure most of you here that have the Conti Crap Tires from the factory are quite aware that they won't last as they should. I don't kow if the car is just too heavy or what but with under 13000 miles on my 05 the life of the tires are over.

I emailed Continental and they called me and asked how I maintain them. I am a stickler with tires, I rotate them every time I change the oil (3000 miles) and rebalance them at 12000 or whenever I see odd wear at which time I have the alignment checked. Most tires that I have purchased last much longer than the suggested life due to this care. But not this time. After talking with them, they sent me to a local Cont dealer to inspect the tires. While I was there he called the manufacturer and they replaced the tires. I did make a deal with the tire place to replace them with better Toyo tires (of course I paid more but...)

If it wasn't for the fact that the tires just don't last I would stand behind a company that stands behind its products.

Just figured some of you might find this useful.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran
Default RE: Continental Tires make good on Bad Treadwear

I am on my second set of they are going to the dogs on this set to. Please provide a email address and contact info ,good looking out.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:54 AM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Continental Tires make good on Bad Treadwear

It's not the car or how you maintain the tires. It's been know for years on the Mercedes lists that Contis are soft tires and are not designed to last. The factory Conti's on our 1998 Mercedes C280 Sport lasted about 20K miles and that was it. On the other hand on dry pavement you could tear the steering wheel to one side and the car would follow. Don't know what's different about the Magnum in that regard, my Magnum even feels mushier than my Euro spec 500SEL. I would guess they mushed it up for the american market.

Quick Reply: Continental Tires make good on Bad Treadwear