Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

XM Install - LOST

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:15 PM
redneck magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Install - LOST

OK - I am looking to install my XM Tao and would like to use the head unit inputs. I know that my 6 disc in dash unit has a XM add on but I want to use my Tao. I also know that IF they can slap an add on module in - I can connect my Tao. The 10 pin connector at the head unit use 1,2, and 6 as RCA inputs. I wanted to find a harness but I was shocked to find the dealer was going to charge me $138 for the cable. That's right - JUST for the cable. I have exhausted my search on the internet. the PIE aftermarket stuff is not compatibile - or so they say. I don't care about the info display on the head unit - keep in mind - my Tao will be mounted within site.

Already found this - many times and they all say they are NOT compatible with my unit. Nice.
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=874

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:03 PM
redneck magnum
Default RE: XM Install - LOST

OK - Let me REVISE my request. Does anyone have the pinouts for the RAK radio (AM/FM - 6 disc changer (in dash) with mp3 capability)? EVERYTHING that I have found so far is 2004 and earlier. This is 2006 folks - someone has to be more to date than that. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Blumag

even easier, get rid of your XM pos and get Sirius.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:23 PM
redneck magnum

Ummmm - I don't see how that changes anything. I still need to be able to have inputs INTO my factory head unit and enable the mode to PLAY the device whether it be my XM pos, Sirius pos, Ipod pos or an 8 track player for that matter.

Thanks for the "tip" though.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:40 PM
keiththecop

www.myradiostore.com go there. Call him and ask for Ziggy. I have the Mifi connected. I believe what you want to do, cant be done. I did it with the piggyback to the FM antenna. Tell Ziggy Keiththecop told you to call and he will hook you up with my set up. It sounds great.

Any problems, email me at Keiththecop@aol.com

KTC

Old 01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
redneck magnum

Thanks for the helpful reply. I have talked with Ziggy and this is definitely an option.

I have also talked to my Dogde dealer and we believe that I can do what I am trying to do. When they install Sirius or XM after the purchase of the car, they have to re-program the head unit to enable the AUX mode. A tech is supposed to be calling me back to confirm. If I can make this work, I will be able to get better sound quality through RCA inputs.

If I am successful in doing this, I will re-post one more reply with instructions on how to make the harness I have already made and what you have to do to get Dodge service to enable the AUX mode.

Quick Reply: XM Install - LOST