Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2005 SXT AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Lizzerd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 SXT AWD

Next year when I give my Stratus to one of my nieces, I am considering buying a used 2005 SXT AWD with the AutoStick transmission. If you have this specific package, would you tell me your ownership experience with the car? Pros/Cons? What about the gas mileage? While I have found EPA figures for the 2005 SXT RWD, I have not found said for the AWD. Let me know your real-world figures for city and highway (especially highway cruising at legal speeds). Thanks!

Old 01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
F1fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 SXT AWD

I picked up my 05 SXT AWD back in Nov. I love the beast. No regrets at all. Plenty of power and what monster good looks !!!! I've got 4K miles on it. No mods yet other than dedadging and window tint. Tires and grill coming this spring.

The auto stick is a nice feature, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. Response time is pretty slow compared to a real manual trans. I do find it really usuefull in the snow and when I want to kick it down a gear for passing.
Mileage kinda sucks. I get between 16-19 to and from work in your typical stop and go commute in the metro area.
I've never seen above 20mpg on the highway.
Sticker said a high of 24mpg.........yeah right.........not in my lifetime.

Other than the mileage....the only sore spot for me is that I've got tons of rattles in the rear that are proving difficult to fix. But from other I've queried...I must be one of the lucky few to have this. I'm hopeful that'll be fixed soon.

You won't regret it if you buy.
It fun to drive and you'll alway have folks wanting to look at it.

John

Quick Reply: 2005 SXT AWD