Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New Wheels w tpms?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:26 PM
velezrick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheels w tpms?

Hey guys,

I just purchased a new Magnum 06 RT with the tpms system.

I was hoping someone can help me out with this question. Has anybody changed their wheels that have the tire tpms system? If you have, did you purchase new sensors or is it easy to transfer the tire sensors from one wheel to the next?

I would like to get new custom wheels, but am afraid that I will get stuck with some warning light going off.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick

Old 01-30-2006, 12:43 AM
65standard
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Wheels w tpms?

i bought new sensors, but you can reuse the original ones if you like. the problems is the angle at which the new wheels have the valve stem drill. if your new wheels aren't drilled at the correct 45 degree angle, the receiver and transmitter will not line up and you will get a chime and the dash light. i had this problem with my boyd coddington wheels. he redrilled the wheels at the correct angle, but i did not try to remount the wheels yet. i decided to paint and clear the wheels first.

new sensors are $41 each

i heard there are adapters to correct the problem with the valve stem angle, but these can cause internal air leaks and the sensor would cause the chime and light to come on anyways.

Quick Reply: New Wheels w tpms?