Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Forum Members Thank You Note

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Strykker
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Members Thank You Note

Being newly re-introduced to the Dodge Family (Previously owned 4 banger Shelby Daytona and Shelby GLH back in the 80's), I just wanted to thank the members here for being so forthcoming with information on a variety of subjects as it relates to the Magnum. I have been reading for a week now all the different posts regarding wheels, tires, what, specs, etc. and it certainly paid off today.

I went down to the custom wheel shop and picked out the wheel I wanted (Panter Realm 20"). The salesman was nice enough but it was obvious he was not a spec person. We worked out a deal on Toyo 275/40-20 with the Realm and as he was about to write it up I noticed on the underside side of the display wheel written in marker 114.3. I then started to ask questions just to see what he knew about my car. Long story short, NOT MUCH. Didn't know SXT and RT had different size wheels, didn't know the offset of the stock wheel, didn't know what hub centric v. lug centric was. He insisted the wheel he was showing me worked. I said may be, but not like the 5X115 I want. He tried to sell me by lowering the price and I refused. He is now frustrated and wondering who the hell is this guy and calls for his manager. I told him I want what I want if you can't give it to me I am out of here. Stunned they said we can order it and in my mind I thought if you didn't know as a salesman what was the correct fitment for the car, do I really want your shop mounting tires on my pride..NOT. They did not relent, I asked to use their internet connection and pointed it to this forum and said read and learn. After about 5 mins of reading posts and watching ther reaction, I just up and left. There mouths open and without a sale.

I wonder how many other people owning all types of cars have been half-*** fitted with new shoes for their toys.

(Do I need a Magnum, NO, but it has nothing to do with need...I wanted IT)

Quick Reply: Forum Members Thank You Note