Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

1 Year Report

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006 | 05:11 PM
FlatEric
|
Veteran
Default 1 Year Report

Ok, I picked up my Magnum RT AWD exactly 1 year and 23,135 miles ago. I have kept track of every tank of gas (and that is a lot, my book has 97 entries) and have averaged 17 MPG, measured, not the computer reading. Did not improve after X amount of miles. Never noticed the time where mileage and power improved.

It still turns heads. I am stationed in Germany, but spend little time on the Autobahn, probably less than 3,000 of those 23,000 miles.

I change oil per the book, the A schedule, 6000 miles. 5W-20, whatever brand the PX has that day. (As an aside, the Euro 300C and 300C Touring with this engine is not governed and they do service at 9,600 miles with regular old 10-40, no such thing as 5-20 here I'm told. The dealer here showed me the notice he got telling him to use 10-40 in the MDS Hemi, go figure).

One problem I had was the "crowhopping" at parking lot speeds, the dealer replaced the transfer case, the original having an exposed vent where water could intrude, the new case has the vent protected.

I had new wheels and tires on in the summer, so the original Conti 4X4 225/60/18s have about 18,000 miles on them, and I am still using them now in the winter, and if I had to guess, I would say these are 25,000 mile tires at BEST. Note I have the 4X4 version, not the normal 4 Season Contis that most or all RWD RTs get. I'm not religious about rotating (moved front to back once), and have no uneven tire wear.

Things I like: The looks, the engine, the killer A/C, the sound (K&N intake), the space (I actually use this as a wagon), the looks, the transmission, the winter handling with the AWD, the dash, and did I mention the looks? My wife loves riding in it, she does not want to drive it, her size limit is our Passat wagon.

Things I don't like: Ahhhh, ahhh, ahhhh....

So I guess I like it, and these are my opinions.....

Old 02-09-2006 | 07:32 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: 1 Year Report

Falt Eric,

Awesome! I'm glad you like your Magnum. It is a cool looking car... Best out yet. I am looking forward to the Challenger, as my daughter is eyeing the Magnum for her first car... We'll see... Keep on having fun, and get on that damn Autobahn more and drive at 127 MPH for me and all us back here limited to 65 MPH!

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/75827E1A2CA04135ACEBB5D799591430.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-09-2006 | 08:59 PM
Olddad
Default RE: 1 Year Report

Great write-up. Ohhh to have an autobahn.
lucky you!

Quick Reply: 1 Year Report