Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

What to get? (Audio Equip & Install)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Kicker311
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get? (Audio Equip & Install)

Hi everyone, I've got a Magnum 05 SXT 6cd-mp3/4 speaker car. I'm going to upgrade the audio system in it and know very little about audio except that the audio in it right now simply doesn't satisfy my listening requirements.
Any advice anyone could give me would be of great help. I know there's 2 empty spaces in the dash for 3.5" speakers, maybe 4" I'm not sure. I know I need an amp and a subwoofer. I'm not looking for bass crazy car, I just want good mix for great sound quality; don't want the bass to overwhelm the other parts of the music you know?
Thinking about getting it installed at Future Shop/Best Buy as that is where I will be getting my audio equipment, a guy at my work recommended I don't go there for the install. Still think I might. I'm thinking I'll still use the 4 stock speakers in the car unless advised otherwise, don't know how good/bad they'll be when hooked up to amp & sub system. Please advise.

Also, will installing aftermarket audio void any part of my warranty? Can I get an "installation warranty" from the installer to fix any problems the installation might make in my car whatsoever? Please advise.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Kicker311
Default RE: What to get? (Audio Equip & Install)

Alright guys, never got replies in time so here's what I got, getting it installed on Tuesday. Tell me what you think please.
For the amp I got a 4 channel Rockford Fosgate P4004, subwoofer is a MTX 10" Car Subwoofer (MXS1004), and replaced the 4 speakers with 2 MB Quart 6.5" Coaxial (DKF116) for the back 2 and when I go in Tuesday I'm getting(provided they fit;installer has to check front door speaker spot)2 Infinity 6.5" 2-Way Component Car Speaker (6010CS).
What's the opinion on my purchases? Should I have done something different? Is this gonna' sound good? I don't know, I just threw money at my car. It's what my dumbass usually does, now I'll be working for free for the next couple months paying it off. Yay!

Old 03-06-2006, 03:33 AM
ZEROpcs

Will you be looking to sell your stock head unit? If so what are you looking to get for it? E-Mail me at MBaseggio76"at"hotmail"dot"com if you are interested.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
hipsterj
Professional

You can't go wrong with Fossgate units. Sounds like you made a good choice.
Post how you like it. If you are looking to sell stock unit let us know also.

Old 03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Jaime340
Professional

hey bro, good pick with the fosgate. i have a similar setup, 300. 4ch fosgate a 12 mtx and stock mids and highs. if you have the bose setup it might not be a bad idea to keep your speakers and just give them more power thats what i did and im pretty happy. they wont sound as good as the ones your buying but youll save about 300$ plus bucks, but to me, the set up now sounds good. and a problem i had was the ashtray slot at the bottem wont close all the way after instaling the dash kit for the stereo, any one ells have this problem?

Quick Reply: What to get? (Audio Equip & Install)