Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New Magnum Hemi First Drive!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Jeffrey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Magnum Hemi First Drive!

Yesterday was the day! I took delivery of a Magnesium colored Hemi wagon. First off - the only thing it has in common with a "wagon" might be a long roof line. That is where it ends! The car is an amazing vehicle.

Having never owned a Chrysler product before I have to say that I was duly impressed with everything about the car. The fit and finish is excellent and the engineering seems to be top notch. Perhaps Daimler is having a positive influence on Chrysler? Anyway, I drove it back to California from Arizona (since my local dealers had nothing available) which is about 300 miles. The car already had 150 miles on it from the various test rides by the sales people and interested buyers the first day it was there (I bought it the second day).

450 miles later - the car is even more impressive. I had an opportunity to open it up on the 40 freeway heading back to California last night. A slightly older Subaru WRX (not the latest model) tried to race me and I literally blew his doors off. I was cruising at 75-80 and he came up behind me to take a look, then pulled next to me to take another look, then jumped on it. I pulled in behind him and stomped on it. The car kicked down and just reeled the WRX in. I passed him at over 120 with at least a 20mph difference in speed. It was windy in the desert so I was only willing to run it to just over 120 before I felt like it was going to take off.

My only complaint is in the car's stock appearance. Granted that it has to be built with the general public in mind. 20" wheels and tires would reduce ride comfort not to mention the expense. However, the car needs them. It has an aggressive body, large wheels well, and flared fenders that need to be filled up. I saw a wagon with 22" wheels and it looked a little ridiculous. It just needs a little more meat under there and it would be perfect - just like the concept car which had 20's.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post them and I will do my best to answer them.

Quick Reply: New Magnum Hemi First Drive!