Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Just installed Mopar fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:46 PM
jcs11236
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Mopar fog lamps

hey everyone. i just installed my mopar fog lamps that i purchased from moparsupercenter.com.
everything went well--the only problem is the lamps wont work until you use a diagnostic starscan tool so that my car would reconfigure and recognize the lamps. the only problem is that i called my local dealer and they want to charge me $100 to do this. in the instructions it shows the steps--it cant take no more than 5 minutes to do. i paid $100 for the lamps themselves. does anyone know of a way to do this. other than paying the dealer that money.?
or some other option? would any diagnostic machine work or does it have to be the one from dodge? i was wondering if i could take it to a local shop since all the instruction/steps are in the instruction manual on how to reconfigure my car.

please help!

Old 06-16-2006, 05:16 PM
DJ Reeg
Default RE: Just installed Mopar fog lamps

Did you have fog lamps before or is this a custom install?

Old 06-16-2006, 06:12 PM
jcs11236

--i installed them myself--i have a se model which doennt come with fog lamps. the mopar-fog lamps comes with everything from the switch in the car and all hardware and wiring-fuses/relay.
it was simple. its the same exact fog lamp that the rt-sxt comes with--i bought it oem dealer.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:33 AM
NCSXT

Find another dealer or maybe they gave you a complete install price. Most dealers will only charge about 45 bucks for the "simple" starscan. Any shop could do it as long as they have a starscan (about 4500 bucks), most wont have it. I did the same thing and my dealer only charged me 45.00. GL

Old 06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Strykker
Professional

Ditto, NC-SXT..that was a pretty steep quote for what you want. If you can shop around for other dealers. Unless that is the rate up north.

Quick Reply: Just installed Mopar fog lamps