Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Top Speed Question Answered - RT AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 04:29 AM
FlatEric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Speed Question Answered - RT AWD

Friday after work I installed the SC Flashpaq with 91 Performance setting...........set the speedo to 170 limit (I did not think I could go that fast, just wanted to make sure).

Without the speed limiter, my AWD RT goes 159 MPH (256 KPH) on a flat road....legally. I am stationed in Germany where the speed limit on the Autobahn is pretty much what the traffic will allow. That is why I went out on Sunday AM at 0600 to try this, 66 degrees F, clear weather, dry roads, very little traffic, no trucks, and 3 lanes each direction. It was about an hour ago and I still feel a little strange. Previous to today, I had never gone more than 129 MPH (BMW 325is and VW Passat V6) in any vehicle that did not have wings.

My frst run was 154 MPH at 5600 RPM, then I realized that at that RPM, it was still in 4th (I had left it in "D"). I tried again in manual mode and 5th gear (the Flashpaq gives you that function) and got to 159 MPH (per the speedo). Due to the excitement, I forgot what the RPM was at that speed in 5th, but it was above 4500 and below 5000, I want to say about 4700. So it looks like it runs out of HP to push this brick through the wind at that speed, even though there is plenty of RPMs left. The RWD probably goes a little faster, it being a little lighter.

But in any case, it was quite cool. Do I need to go that fast? No! But now I can say I did, if only just once.

Some info:

05 RT AWD
Flashpaq
K and N Filter
Blastin' Bob pipes replaced the rear resonators
Stock suspension (load leveling system)
MKW M20 chrome wheels in stock wheel and tire size but with Pirelli W rated tires

Old 06-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran
Default RE: Top Speed Question Answered - RT AWD

Glad to see some one is trying to see how fast these things can go. I t have an AWD and in the States i will never get a chance to go that fast. Good luck and be careful.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Top Speed Question Answered - RT AWD

Well, 159 seems reasonable. I had a Mercedes E240 up to 150, it wasn't supposed to go that fast but it was on the A5 going south toward Frankfurt. Then they turned the lights on. Oh well. So same suspension, more weight , more power, a little more speed....

Quick Reply: Top Speed Question Answered - RT AWD