Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

530 HP supercharged Magnum RT

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 12:31 PM
earthdoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 530 HP supercharged Magnum RT

Got ya!

Don't we wish
Maybe in a few months

Old 06-19-2004, 12:55 PM
phantom505
Professional
Default RE: 530 HP supercharged Magnum RT

It will require only 9 psi of boost and there should already be a casting out there for a Whipple charger. Personally I think turbos are often better, but with the case of the Magnum I would go Whipple simply because I don't want to hack it up in order to get twins put in.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:20 AM
Los Lobo

Hi, I was told last week that instead of waiting for the Turbo charger, whipple charger or the supercharger, I should allow this dealer to, under factory and dealership warranty;

1) Change Headers.
2) Install a dual exhaust or a cat back dual.
3) Change out the rear-end gears and install new larger gears.
4) Install a new computer chip and tune-it.
5) Install a new K&N Filter, I can't find one yet.
6) Replace the thermastat with a 160 degree T-stat.

All for less than $2,000 and will give me almost 100-hp.

Is this possible ?

I also heard that the Whipple chargers blew up a few dozen engines and I saw they removed them from their site.

Old 07-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Wash n Wax

All for less than $2,000 and will give me almost 100-hp.

Is this possible ?
That would be nice, but it is not likely

Old 07-16-2004, 02:53 AM
phantom505
Professional

I love how many people are instant experts on the Magnum. I've built many parts for another make and none of the stuff said on these boards jive with what I know of making parts on a little known/newer engine.

My bet is that you would be close to 100 HP if you are referring to crank HP, if you could actually get a good tune done.

If you advance the timing and run 93 octane, along with a CAI, full exhaust, and everything else you should pick up some serious HP. However, I don't buy for a second that a dealer has the ability to reprogram the car, has the dyno to do it themselves, all for under $2k.

Headers and exhaust will probably cost close to $2k by themselves. I am working with a company that will have a CAI out in 2 weeks. That will probably be in teh $200-250 range depending on what it costs to make (will come with K&N filter). Computer tuning is GOLD. I would expect to pay about a $1k just for that on a brand new car.

The rear end will be expensive to develop. Even if we can blue print the gears with SXT rear end, you will still have to have a machine shop make the axels and gears because I doubt the SXT will hold up to the huge torque.

As far as Whipple blowing them up, I doubt it. I don't believe a word you have said so far. The only thing Whipple probably did was make a casting to fit their charger to the top of intake manifold and sent it to Dodge for them to play with. I highly doubt Dodge just dropped an engine on them and let them tune it. Not saying what you said is impossible, but based on the non-sense of your post I'll bet that it's not true.

Quick Reply: 530 HP supercharged Magnum RT