Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

more power for the SXT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 06:31 PM
coolchevy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more power for the SXT?

so far I have installed a dual exit Magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air box and a stage2 chip. Well ok, it got louder and a bit more aggressiv but still lacks serious power......

does anyone know about some serious stuff like turbo or blower kit for the 3.5l?

(and don't ask why not a SRT, that is like putting salt in open wounds......not a big deal to buy but impossible to write off as company car due to our extremely high road taxes which are based on hp)

Old 10-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Gillesmobile
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: more power for the SXT?

I just saw this post while browsing today, and though it's a bit tardy at this point...

There are these guys on ebay out of Yucaipa (?) CA calling themselves SPOOLED MOTORSPORTS. They're happy to sell you a pair of used MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES MHI TEO4H-13 51mm turbos @ 7 lbs. boost for about $300 plus shipping.

As far as what exactly to do with them when they arrive (cooling and lube lines, ducting, exhaust adapters, etc.), this is apparently up to your imagination, since not so much as an article from Turbo Tech magazine is mentioned.

For what it's worth, my cousin is a former DCX engineer and says it's definitely doable. Considering the compression on the 3.5, 7 lbs. is probably a safe limit, too.

I know I'll be eager once my warranty is up. Now who's gonna step up and blaze the trail?

Quick Reply: more power for the SXT?