Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Worried About Theft

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:13 AM
kwiebe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried About Theft

Can someone offer some anti-theft tips or product suggestions? I just bought an 06 R/T which has the OEM security system, but the dealer was (of course) pushing Lo-Jack. I'm not all that sold on Lo-Jack, I'm sure it does what it says, but with that system isn't it already too late?

What do others do? The club? Add-on alarms????

Old 07-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Magmania
Veteran
Default RE: Worried About Theft

There is always the option of having an anti-start system. I have one that was install at the dealership when i purchased the car.

It's called Mobilistics-Dynamco NoStart system. It is essentially a relay that is inline with the engine's starting circuitry that needs to receive a signal from a small remote push button device on my keychain.

I would think that there are a number of other manufactuers that do the same thing.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran
Default RE: Worried About Theft

You can wire a simple switch to your fuel pump power and hide it under the dash. Car cant be started without turning it on. I have the oem alarm, but I rely on my house security more when Its outside my house. It buzzes to warns me, turns on cameras and takes pictures of anyone on my property before they even get close to a car. Of course that dont help away from home...but when I drive it or park it, its never out of sight of myself or someone else to watch out.

Quick Reply: Worried About Theft