Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Rattling Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 02:13 AM
DarthZug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling Noise

I'm a new Magnum owner. I have a 05 RT. When I'm going about 65 I start to hear a rattling noise coming from the front of the car. As i go faster the noise gets louder. Any idea what it might be?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:42 AM
jy211
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rattling Noise

haha. I had the same issue last week. I took my car in and the tech said my aftermarket grille was the reason for the noise.

concern: Rattle / tapping noise in the left front fender area when driving at highway speeds.
solution: The driver side bumper light wiring harness may be out of place causing it to move back and forth while hitting against the foam bumper pad.
Reinstall / replace the plastic tree back into the hole and tape the wiring harness against the foam bumper pad as necessary

Try this TSB with them:
TSB 23-005-06

SUBJECT:
Sill Cladding Rattle Sound
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing foam strips between the sill cladding and the lower body
side pinch weld.
MODELS:
2006 (LX) 300/Charger/Magnum
NOTE: This bulletin applies to 300 and Magnum vehicles built November 1, 2005
(MDH 1105XX) and after.
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A rattle sound can be heard at speeds of 40 - 50 mph (65 - 80 kph) at higher temperatures
80 - 90°F (26 - 33°C), especially during cross wind conditions. The sound may be
mistaken for a lower door rattle. The rattle sound is caused by contact between sill
cladding flange and lower body side pinch weld.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator describes the above Symptom/Condition, perform the Repair
Procedure.

Quick Reply: Rattling Noise