Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Thinking of buying a Magnum RT

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:59 PM
2TonSSled
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying a Magnum RT

Looking for some input on the RT.

What type of mods are available for the car? Is there anyone out there that is able to program the PCM for rhe RT? Are there steeper gears and higher stall TC's available yet?

I've searched and haven't found any real time track numbers yet. I did drive a few RT's over the weekend and was impressed by the quality and finish of the vehicle. Dodge has come a long way, but alot of the electronic BS is scary. Drive by wire and the "Mercedes" electronic tranny are expensive.

Just looking for insight - pro's and con's.

TIA

Old 06-23-2004, 10:15 AM
2TonSSled
Default RE: Thinking of buying a Magnum RT

Anyone? Are there any aftermarket part available yet?

Hmmmm. Interesting crowd here.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:47 PM
shiltz
Captain

there's really nothing avaliable yet for aftermarket parts on them, probably be another month or two before we start seeing any sort of upgrades for it.

I just picked mine up yesterday and I love it so far, the only downsides on it I would say is the rear visability isn't great and the mirrors are too small compared to my last vehicle, my last one was a dakota though so it had huge mirrors and a lot of rear visability compared to any car, oh and the card rides so nice that you don't notice you're speeding, I looked down at my speedo and noticed that I was doing 60 in a 30 zone on a winding road, and it was more stable at that speed than the dakota was at 30, the perfomance on it is very nice, even with it not even broken in yet it's a lot faster than my dakota R/T which had some intake and exaust work done.

here's a good forum with info on the magnum and 300: http://www.dodgemagnum.net/phpBB2/index.php

Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 PM
thuffman03
Rookie

I have not read of any mods yet. I love my RT. It is very quick. Just turned 400 miles on it.

The only thing so far that I think could have come better from the factory is the exhaust. It is way too quiet for a Hemi.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Magnum RT