Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:29 AM
expy17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm problem

I had the dealership install the Mopar EVS-I alarm in my 2006 Magnum SXT and have had nothing but problems. When I disarm the alarm (lights flash and doors unlock) and then open one of the doors to enter the car, the alarm will sound. The dealership has replaced the alarm module twice, however I am still experiencing the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 03-04-2007, 08:31 PM
coder33404
Rookie
Default RE: Alarm problem

I am having the same exact problem with that dealer installed alarm. Did you end up getting yours fixed?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:36 AM
ChargHer

Hi, I have been having the same problem with my alarm. The dealer has replaced it 4 times, tried to tell me it was my aftermarket radio, and now has finally come to the conclusion that the design of the alarm system is messed up. They have a call into the guy who designed the technology for the alarm, waiting to hear what to do...long story short, they had it working and then it stopped communicating with the diagnostic machine...sooo... now we wait with the fifth new alarm system installed in my car and I still can't use it...

Old 05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
coder33404
Rookie

The dealer could install 150 alarms and it will do the same thing, it's not the alarm causing the problem. I went through it with the dealer for numerous visits and finally told them to yank it out of my truck. I then went to a reputable after market alarm company and had a viper installed. That is a totally different alarm from a totally different source and it does the same thing!. I never found any solution so I put it in valet mode now and only turn it on if I am somewhere I don't trust the neighborhood. My regular alarm guy, "who has installed numerous other car alarms for me and friends with no issues" says he believes there is a timing issue with the new key system for our trucks.

Here is something else I learned, DONT set your truck to unlock all the doors on the first press of the unlock button or it will go completely insane the first time you use it. I thought i was going to have to have it toed back to the dealership when I did that once because I could not get control of it long enough to put the alarm in valet mode. That happened with the factory EVS2 alarm.

What is your truck?, generation3?, model?

Old 05-26-2007, 01:17 AM
god_complx
Professional

I got myself a Viper alarm and car starter have had since april with no problems what so ever. Although the battery is low with only almost 2 months use, a minor problem knowing my car is safe!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
mizzlw1
Default evs2 alarm

did you remove it yourself? I need some help to get rid of the one we have. I have it out, but not disconnected yet. Dodge caravan is stuck in the driveway in alarm mode screaming.

Quick Reply: Alarm problem