Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

window problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:47 PM
dstyl3mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window problems

does anyone else have problems with there power windows?

Old 07-07-2006, 04:52 PM
god_complx
Professional
Default RE: window problems

not so far, but I only have about 10000 on mine.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Left rear is common, mine is intermittant. A motor issue.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

I have one with back tail gate window. The radio goes nuts and i have a lot of static. the antenna is shot and the dealer is going to replace it on Wendsay

Old 07-07-2006, 05:59 PM
MyRT
Professional

I also have a random problem with the left rear.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
CarFinish
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MyRT

I also have a random problem with the left rear.

same with mine...was out for almost a week...I bring her in two days ago...before I get there I make sure the window is still non functional ...ok it does not work....dealer gets it and they tell me it's fine...what the heck is going on...do they know some kind of trick to kickstart this thing.

on another note the passenger air bag on/off was going nuts as well...the red light on the dash was on for a few days, and no passengers. I get in and out of seat to see if will reset and nothing...it's off now and before I brought to dealer.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:18 AM
65standard
All Star

i had the same problem with the left rear window not working. i told the dealer about it, they ordered a new regulator for me, but on my way to the dealer to get it installed, the window started working again after i slammed the door closed. they replaced the regulator anyways and have never had a problem since.

tell them it is an intermitted problem and to replace the damn regulator. believe me, dodge knows about this problem.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:11 PM
jokerdog

Not sure if this is what you mean but for damn near a week straight I thought I was tripping about the auto up and down feature on the driver and passenger window. They would both auto down but then for some odd reason the passenger side stopped doing the auto up feature. My short term memory is a little strained due to my extracuricular smoking activity's so I thought I was mistaken and that the auto up feature was only on the drivers side.

Then sure enough, out of the blue, the passenger side auto up feature just started to work again one day. Now that I know its actually supposed to do that I would guess that the safety feature that is supposed to detect resistance to keep you from rolling the window up on your arm/head/pecker is likley adjustable. But it isn't broke any more so I'm good to go for the moment.

If it happens again I'm going straight to the dealer.

Hope this helps...

-Tory
San Jose

Old 07-10-2006, 10:33 AM
randy199675

I have also had an off-and-on problem with my left rear power window. It does not want to roll down unless I try it more than once. Also, the control housing (black) for the window and door lock controls has come loose twice. It does not drop down inside the door panel, it just hangs there. The first time the dealer fixed it lasted about a week. This time I hope they fix it for good.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
CarFinish
Rookie

ok here we go again...the window does not work again[:@] for two days now...I am driving to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning...this sucker better stay non-funtional or else!!!

Quick Reply: window problems