Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 06:46 PM
outnumbered
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hello Gentlemen,
I come to you from the NHTOC (National Harley Truck Owners Club). My truck has been sold (in its prime it made 622rwhp and 740 ft/lb of torque at the wheels) and plan on purchasing the new Magnum R/T. However, I am going to wait several months just to see if the SRT-8 becomes more than just a concept vehicle. So my first question is, are there any aftermarket parts available for the car yet?

Old 06-27-2004, 12:55 AM
phantom505
Professional
Default RE: New Member

I'm working on a CAI, the "prototype" is in the hands of shop that will be doing the piping. Domestic Performance (who offers products to whomever asks) is looking into making a set of headers and exhaust to completely redo the entire system.

As far as the SRT-8 goes, I'm not really all that concerned. If it gets sold then I'm sure there will be a way to upgrade the RT. Even if it requires computer swaps and a little more work than usual. My guess is that Whipple will be selling a kit that is a stand alone....

Old 06-29-2004, 01:24 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

I agree with Phantom505. I am banking on the availability of an aftermarket supercharger in the next 6 months or so which would most likely exceed the published HP rating (including other mods I have done or plan to do) for the SRT-8. I think simple mods (intake, exhaust, re-programming) and a good supercharger should equate to a 500HP machine with no problem.

Nick

Old 06-30-2004, 09:53 AM
outnumbered

Thanks for the response. It is a totally different world dealing with these Dodges. I was able to find whatever I wanted for the Harley truck because of all the aftermarket parts made for the Lightning. It will definitely be a challenge to try and personalize the Magnum.

Quick Reply: New Member