Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:57 PM
H3bubba
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

I bought an 06 R/T. I was looking for headers and an exhaust system, is there any preference as to which are better, long or short. I have no experience with shorties, but some with long tube headers. I would be looking to redo the entire exhaust system with a chip, new intake, and a throttle body spacer. looking to get another 50hp to the rear wheels just be getting it to breathe better. is there any real difference between the Mopar performance parts and other aftermarket? the Mopar stuff is a little more expensive, just wondering if it's worth it, or am i just paying for that "M". I have seen lots of different web sites with performance parts like HHP, Auto Truck Toys, eBay, and some others. Ihave searched this site, but have not found an opinion one way or another as to a basic set up that would give another 50hp to the rear wheels. Maybe everything is just too new. Thanks for any input.

Pete

Old 08-13-2006, 10:38 PM
god_complx
Professional
Default RE: Headers

There is no way to get that 50 u r looking for unless you go with the supercharger. Running chip exhaust and CAI I have heard of 15 to 20, and throwing on some headers may add a little more, but 50 will cost you about 6gs.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:45 PM
H3bubba

Interesting, guess it's not as easy as the older cars to get power out of them. thanks

Old 08-16-2006, 11:14 AM
FamilyWagon

bubba, JBA makes a nice set of headers, whole exhaust kit dyno'd 25 more RWHP, check it out on their site

Old 08-18-2006, 05:27 PM
ChiTown

ORIGINAL: god_complx

There is no way to get that 50 u r looking for unless you go with the supercharger. Running chip exhaust and CAI I have heard of 15 to 20, and throwing on some headers may add a little more, but 50 will cost you about 6gs.
Untrue.

Heads/Cam/Exhaust good for 100hp at the rear wheels easy with a good tune. Patriot and I think AFR both making heads for the Dodges now, Comp cams makes a few streetable cams as well.

Old 08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
god_complx
Professional

cool I had heard there were some engine tuner parts coming, but I havent been able to find anything yet thanks for the info, I will start searching these companys websites.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Husker
Professional

ORIGINAL: H3bubba

Interesting, guess it's not as easy as the older cars to get power out of them. thanks
I too am an old school guy so these new cars are...well let's just say interesting. Seems the cars computer is the main issue here. It is adaptive, which means it learns the changes we try to do and corrects the fuel tables, advance to keep the car in a specific performance profile. The folsk who are saying that new heads, cams etc are the answer...well yes and no...we still need an answer for the cars computer....that is STILL not out..

Old 09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Ram This

Dynatech makes a nice long tube header system. Magnaflow makes a nice cat back as well. Both the headers and cat back are stainless steel.

Quick Reply: Headers