Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Is Lowering Springs Recommended

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
benn_franks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Lowering Springs Recommended

can i lower a 2012 magnum?

Last edited by benn_franks; 04-14-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Bogie001
Default RE: Is Lowering Springs Recommended

ORIGINAL: benn_franks

I use to have a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, I had it lowered about "2 and the ride was horrible not to mention lots of suspension problems. I now have 2005 Dodge Magnum with "22 and looking to drop it about a "1 so that the wheel well is just above the tire. Is this going to give me the same bouncy, stiff ride and also cause the suspension problems I got before? Also is there anywhere i can find springs that would give you a "1 drop? Lastly is it recommended or is there something else recommend that would lower the car with out causing problems?
1. If you lower the car you will void the suspension portion of your warranty.
2. If you have already put 22"s on the car make sure you have the differential serviced, typically changing the fluid used.
3. If you have not replaced the suspension bolts in the front do so ASAP. I have had a couple customers who had to buy tires because of a bump causing the tire to hit that bolt.

Part of your ride issue is the size of the tire sidewall. Low profile tires lack the sidewall height to flex and absorb the bumps. I generally recommend 20" rims and higher profile tires so that you get both the style and the ride quality.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM
god_complx
Professional

If you dont have the tow package you have lots of options! First is Eibach, everyone here that has had it has had no complaints, but at other forums, it is about 50/50. There is another brand KW, which has had rave reviews at other forums, but only 1 person on here has had them and loves them. There is also the AirSuspension system, just add .com to search it, and it has also had some rave reviews, although it is more expensive it is more adjustable, with tons of options to customize it to your preference. Everyone that has lowered it, loves it. The car rides so smooth, that even the lower profiles, and shorter springs dont affect the ride enough to cause you to wish you didnt do it. So if you are thinking about it, do it. Choose what is best for you, and price I am sure will alter your opinion some.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
MyRT
Professional

For a 1" drop try Mopar lowering springs. Have only heard good things from those who have used them. I have Hotchkis and the ride is very good. A shock replacement willl be needed soon after changing to lowering springs.

Quick Reply: Is Lowering Springs Recommended