Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Rim Offset versus Diameter

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Moebius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim Offset versus Diameter

Forgive me if this has been already been discussed, I could not find anything;

Can those who have fitted 245 series (or thereabouts) tires on 20" rims on their Magnum (RT specifically if it makes any difference) give me the offset that resulted in no rubbing. I want the widest high performance rubber I can fit with little or no mods required for clearance issues.

I want to keep both front and rear tires the same size so they can be rotated. I want handling over bling, with bling refering to little or no compliance due to inadequate sidewall section width during hard cornering! I could stick with 18" diameter on the rim I have chosen, so those who have fitted large tires on this size rim as well can also comment what worked for you.

The pickle is the rims I "REALLY" want to utilize will have to have the hubs welded up and re-machined to move the on-centers out to 115mm as opposed to the current 112mm. I will be able to also change the offset at the same time. At least for me..the rims I am considering are my choice for the look I'm after (I found knock-offs of the SLR McLaren).

Finally, what is the stud diameter/pitch on the Margnum hubs?

Hope you guys can help and thanks in advance.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:28 PM
MyRT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rim Offset versus Diameter

I have 20x8.5 in front with 255x45x20 tire with a 15mm offset. No problems. Some are running 265 on the same wheel without problems. My Magnum is also lowered with Hotchkis springs. I am running 20x10 with a 295x40x20 tires in back without problems. My old tires were BFG KDW's 255x55x18 on the stock wheel and the new 20" wheels and tires handle better.

Quick Reply: Rim Offset versus Diameter