Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Rear end

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Free_Style
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end

The lube shop had to fill it up more than half way the last two oil changes. Instead of bringing it to Dodge and them just adding more fluid and sending me off I have waited until the rear end gave up. We'll it did not blow like I had expected I had stoped at a light and went to hit the gas and felt like the parking brake was on. Had it towed waiting to hear what the verdict is.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Rear end

What an unfortunate attitude! When I found out my rear pinion seal was leaking I took it in and they replaced it and no more problem. Letting it run dry and waiting until it blows means ONE thing, now YOU are at the mercy of a dealer in that they can repair it properly. "Properly" means once repaired it won't make noise on over-run, load or float since ALL hypoid axles just love to make noise. I'd much rather have a factory set-up (with a replaced seal). Good luck!

Old 10-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

They have decide to replace the guts and said I should get it back middle of next week. If it hums or makes any sound I will bring it back and if they still don't fix it I will trade it in to many small problems should have waited on the 06 models. At the time it was just too cool to pass up now I have a thing for the 07 Avalanche.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Yates
Rookie

I agree with via 500 found my pinion seal was leaking and took it right to dodge to have them fix it. Thank God for warranty Pretty much the entire back half of the suspension had to be removed to change the seal. Proud to say no problem since.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Abqhemi
Professional

ORIGINAL: Free_Style

They have decide to replace the guts and said I should get it back middle of next week. If it hums or makes any sound I will bring it back and if they still don't fix it I will trade it in to many small problems should have waited on the 06 models. At the time it was just too cool to pass up now I have a thing for the 07 Avalanche.
cool, I love people like you. They make the rest of us look smart! haha!!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

This is true. I have gone into dealership repair shops far too many times ans have come out with the same problem. This way I know somthing is actually being worked on not jsut looked at. They are also looking at the A/C and parking brake for the second time.

Quick Reply: Rear end