Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Some questions from a potential buyer

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:24 AM
carl_lazlo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions from a potential buyer

Hello all! I'm looking at getting a 07' R/T AWD. I love the car and am very impressed with the power. I had some questions that the dealer could not answer:

Can I put the 20" rims on the car? Are they a direct fit or do I need any modifications? With the larger rims, do i need to adjust anything in the computer so that the spedo is accurate? Will the stock brakes handle the extra mass?

Also, is there any way i can get the brembo brakes on the R/T AWD?

Thanks for the info!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
MyRT
Professional
Default RE: Some questions from a potential buyer

There are a number of aftermart wheels for the AWD and as long as you keep to same tire height the speedo will be fine. The stock brakes will be fine. The is a Brembo big brake kit for the Magnum but I am not sure if it will work on the AWD.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
carl_lazlo

Does anyone have any ideas for a great set of 20" rims?

Any ideas on the brake kit? i guess theirs no way to get the factory brembo's on the AWD?

Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Check out www.1000rims.com, you can try them on even.

I like chrome......

Old 10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
carl_lazlo

Erik, how does your RWD handle the snow. I want the performance of the SRT but because of the snow here in the northeast the RT AWD seems more practical.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 AM
carl_lazlo

I also noticed something strange during the test drive; when I would apply the brakes they would come on rather soft and as I slowed down it felt like the brakes were pulsing very softly. Is this normal with the RT AWD or was it something with the actual car I was driving?

Old 10-11-2006, 03:48 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

This thing rules in the snow....I learned to love AWD cars with my Passat 4Motion, which my wife now drives. I've driven a FWD Passat and an AWD Passat in the same snowstorm, it was like night and day. My wife went from a 325is BMW to the AWD Passat, she was not enthused until the first foot of snow, she drove it up the small mountain we live on and has not looked back since.

The Magnum is as good as that Passat in the snow, but looks waaaay better and goes better in the summer.....When I first got it I took it to a large, hard packed frozen parking lot with about 5 inches of snow. I had to really get stupid to get it to get out of track. It just went like hell and tracked perfectly.

If that was a used RT you drove, be suspicious of the front rotors if they are pulsing. Mine were warped at about 15,000 miles to the point of having to be replaced, and I am not hard on brakes, I do a nice commute of 33 miles each way, no Autobahn, mostly secondary highways at steady 60.

I wish I could do an SRT in the summer and the RT in winter, that would be ideal....

Quick Reply: Some questions from a potential buyer