Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Order Delivery Time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
HemiMag
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Order Delivery Time?

ORIGINAL: midnightmagnum

ordered my rt on june 10th , was told build would start jume 19th. was told end of july. then got a call from the dealer saying august.

You ordered June 10th....now they are giving you an August start date? Just curious, I placed my order July 12, that
would give me a Sept start date.....I'm not sure I will be able to deal with the withdrawls. [:@]

Old 07-20-2004, 02:13 PM
shiltz
Captain

ORIGINAL: HemiMag

That makes sense....it also makes sense when the salesman tells me they have no idea what cars they will be getting.....
I guess this is another reason to believe the salesman. NOT!!!
yeah, I'd say in that case the salesman was either just lieing or doesn't really know much cause they know exactly what they will be getting in, when I was looking for mine I told the dealer what I was looking for and they checked their ones on order and told me the options on one they had on order that was due in about 3 weeks that pretty much matched what I was looking for incase I wanted to wait for it to come in.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:19 PM
HemiGuy

Ordered mine 7/1...kind of...not a fresh order, but put a deposit on one already scheduled to be built for dealer inventory. Was just what we wanted anyway. Dealer processed order so it would go to top of build queue. I have a VON #, wich is the order #, and is replaced by the VIN when it enteres production.

Called DC HQ yesterday, was told the car is on production hold due to parts shortage, couldn't tell from the screen ehat the problem was. Best advice was to call every week until I get a build date. At this rate, it's going to look fgood under the Christmas tree....arrrggghhhh!!!!!

Old 07-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Cal Jeff

ORIGINAL: njmac

ORIGINAL: Cal Jeff

Placed order April 24, 2004. Last Friday the dealer, (lowest order animal on the automotive food chain) told me order status was, "BG". Best case now would be delivery, mid September.[:@]
That is a major wait! I don't feel so bad now. Did you order the tow pkg?
Ordered mine 6/9 and still in BG status, with no hope in sight.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]
Hello,

No I did not order the tow package. I have my wife's suburban for that stuff. I did order the Nav system and the sunroof.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:34 AM
njmac

ORIGINAL: HemiGuy

was told the car is on production hold due to parts shortage, couldn't tell from the screen ehat the problem was. Best advice was to call every week until I get a build date.
I got the same info when I called about mine last week. I think I'm going to see if I can get my dealer to locate one that's already built and has all of my options and have it transfered to them. Good luck finding a roof rack eh??

Old 07-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Tedman5
Rookie

Ordered mine March 29th and had a May 25 delivery.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:45 PM
rogersbw

Ordered mine Saturday...was told 3 to 5 weeks.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:13 PM
skcgeek

Good luck on the 3-5 weeks!!!..I'm pretty skeptical on that. I ordered mine on June 1st and still no vin, so I'll be lucky to have it in another 5 weeks (or more). But that seems to be the common theme, especially if you have to tow package.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:32 PM
rogersbw

Yep..ordered the AWD model with tow package.

Every week after 5 im going to demand 100 bucks off..or something snazzy from the dodge aftermarket department.

I dislike it when dealerships lie.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Cal Jeff

FWIW Talked to my dealer this morning. Regular guy was out but sales manager said the car was still on BG but also mentioned, "restricted" and that they were not able to take any more orders. It could just be end of the model year stuff and no orders across the board are accepted until the first of August. Stay tuned.....[&o]

Quick Reply: Order Delivery Time?