Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Ready to Order - have questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:00 PM
jibber11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ready to Order - have questions

I am 37, I bought it early, because of safety and the male "gotta have it" syndrome. I am willing to bet that only a handful of poeple out of thousands, have had the acceleration problem, you are only hearing from a few owners on this forum. You can buy any car from any maker and have problems with it no matter how old or new the model of the car. You can spend $50,000.00 and get a piece of crap. My friend had a Mercedes SUV and it was always in the shop! I was leary of Dodge I have not owned one sice '86, it was junk, but times change(I hope) so far this car is beyond words, I don't know what it is, but is a cool car, you will not be unhappy, just buy it from a dealer who knows that customers are what keeps them in buisness. It shocks me how many people fork over money to some of these jerky dealers, if you dom't like them at the time of the sale, what makes you think they are going to take care of you when you have problems! Just buy the thing already!

Old 07-22-2004, 01:58 AM
Wash n Wax

ORIGINAL: pbf00t

Are we all paying up near MSRP?
What state are you in? I ordered mine from a fleet guy in my area (Southern California) and I am paying $500 over invoice. There is not a lot of profit between invoice and MSRP, so while I think my deal is fair at $33,312 for a car with MSRP of $34,940, it's only a savings of $1,600 off MSRP.

Old 07-22-2004, 02:35 AM
jibber11

I'm from Illinois, look at edmunds.com or the other pricing guides, you are only going to save about 1500-2000, there is not much in savings on retail and dealer cost.

Old 07-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Cal Jeff

I'm 43 and in Northern California. I'm replacing my '96 Impala SS. My wife drives a '04 Chevrolet Suburban. I am a road warrior over 50,000 miles a year. I want a big powerful freeway cruiser. The Impala SS has been great but it is pushing nearly 200,000 miles. While it is not showing any signs of difficulty I am getting ichy for a new ride. The Magnun will fit the bill very nicely. I wouldn't dream of anything with out the Hemi.

As for first year problems I'll take the risk. From everything I'm reading and the strength of the California Lemon law, DC would have to make its best efforts to put a quailty product on the road. That said I have been waiting 3 months since I put in my order. My dad retirred Chyrsler explaind that first year builds are alway trouble prone. The key to satisfatcion is the servicing dealer.

IMHO the internet has really helped keeping the dealer and manufacture honest. It is too easy for the consumer to get ahold of tons of information about a problem. Think of it. We can know go and get a print out of any TSB that is posted. No dealer could dance his way around the details.

Besides it is a very cool looking ride.

Old 07-22-2004, 08:16 PM
BlackRT

I'm with Wash n Wax. I'm in Orange County California and I paid 500 over invoice by ordering from the fleet sales. Saved about 2000. Couldn't have been a better experience. Now if I can just get it...

Old 07-23-2004, 01:14 AM
magnumbluert

I bought your car... it is a blue Rt with Electronic/conv roof rack, sunroof and Uconnect..

I paid MSRP less $500 for Chrysler Fin.

The dealer had 10 people wanting it so there are no deals here, I have only seen one other Magnum on the road since I bought it and that was a NON RT..

I wanted Navagition and this one did not have it but I ordered it for $1700 which is cheaper than the option and I have my radio to sell now..

If you are going to order it, you should get the Uconnect, it is awesome..

The back seat has lots of leg room, my 2 YO car barely reach my seat with her feet, the car I replaced was a GS400 Lexus and her seat would almost hit my seat and her feet had no room, I was really suprised how much room was back there, there is more than our 2002 Explorer that my wife drives..
I like everything, except mine does pull to the right, it is not so bad and I can live with it till them come up with a fix.. My airbag light did come on and the dealer kept it for a week trying to fix it but so far it is good..
I just turned 32, put 2800 miles on it in a little over a month...I bought it june 17, 2nd RT the dealer sold, and they have only gotten 2 since then.. It does get lots of looks and mostly from guys.. Anyone that asks if it has a Hemi, I always say I could not own a station wagon with anything less...
you can see pictures of my blue RT at www.clause.net/images/magnum
there are also pictures there of my car on the track at Dover International Speedway..

Old 07-23-2004, 01:33 AM
HemiMag
Veteran

I was looking at what dealers had in stock....I found a Red R/T at Hunter Dodge in Lancaster, CA.....
looking at the window sticker, there is an entry above the Destination Charge that says.....
"Hold for Premiere Night"

I just thought that was interesting......

Old 07-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Wash n Wax

ORIGINAL: magnumbluert

you can see pictures of my blue RT at www.clause.net/images/magnum
Thanks for the pictures and the video. I need to catch that episode on a real TV!

Old 07-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Jax

Here in Mass, we paid MSRP. There was way too much interest in RTs on the lot. If we wanted to order one, be could have used our company discount 1% below invoice. The huge lead time of up to 3 months made the depreciation on the trade worth the price difference.

So far my only complaint is that there is never enough clear road in front of me.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Baccigalup

JAX,

Did you ever use that discount - if so how does it work. I have the same option and am waiting for the AWD before i Use mine. i wasn't sure if it works for just the base price of the car or the options as well. I am guessing you can save quite a bundle - and if they are offering any incentives - you are suppose to get them as well. Also I am curious - why did you have to order it to get the discount if one was on the lot - it shouldn't matter unless the corporate discount has certain stipulations.

Quick Reply: Ready to Order - have questions