Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Trans leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Walela1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans leaking?

Hi all, looking for those that have info regarding apparent transmission leaks, and their cure. My soon to be one year old '06 Magnum R/T, with less than 5600 miles has caused a puddle lately on my garage floor. Not very wet, but seems to be ATF colored fluid when still wet.

I have seen posts about tranny leaks in these cars, and mention about a specific TSB regarding them. I would appreciate specific information about the TSB, so I can reference it when I take this car into a Stealership for repair. My "04 Mercury Marauder daily driver has 26K miles on it and has yet to cause any leaks on my garage or driveway, so it pisses me off that a newer less driven car would do it.

Also having trouble getting the low tire pressure icon to go away, have checked the tires cold for correct inflation pressures, none seemed lower than 30 PSI, even overinflated the tires then let the car sit overnight and bled each tire down to 30 PSI and have driven it but the light comes back on and stays lit. Help!

Old 12-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Yates
Rookie
Default RE: Trans leaking?

Whats up man I feel your pain. Had my 06 R/T for about a year and it started leaking tranny fluid. After 3 trips to the dealer they finally got it right. Would listen to my input. What is probably leaking on your tranny is the O-Ring on the passenger side front. There is an electronic module that goes into you tranny The TSB is on the O-ring inside the tranny, but they will also change the one on the module. Fixed my problem hope it fixes yours

Old 12-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Walela1

Hey,
Thanks for the reply, seems you are the lone respondent in many days. Can you give me the specific TSB number?

The tire pressure problem turned out to be the spare tire, for all of those of you out there who knew this but failed to respond.

Best,

MDH

Old 12-26-2006, 08:36 PM
CEOMase

I also had this problem with my 05 Hemi and it was simpleo ring replacement..

Old 12-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Girliemechanic

I purchased my Magnum in late 04, and by the first oil change, I had a rear pinion seal leak, the Lube shop where I take my car told me (next oil change) that there were 3 new Magnums in with the same problem. Must be a factory Goodie
my auto has had numerous mechanical problems.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:56 AM
adega

Walela1,
Did you ever get the number of that TSB? I want to go to my dealership with that info as well because of the following: https://dodgeforum.com/m_712932/tm.htm
adega

Old 02-27-2007, 03:42 PM
mitsara

Same issue, dealer fixed it

Quick Reply: Trans leaking?