Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yay
27.27%
Nay
63.64%
I was wondering that myself.
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Is undercoating worth it...YAY or NAY (why)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Hemi RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is undercoating worth it...YAY or NAY (why)

Do you really think that the undercoating is worth it? Does it really help cut road noise in the wheel wells and underside?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Redhouse
Rookie
Default RE: Is undercoating worth it...YAY or NAY (why)

I drove my Magnum for 3 days with out the undercoating, took it in and had it done and there was a huge difference, it cut the road noise out big time.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:58 PM
thuffman03
Rookie

From what I rember undercoating is supposed to help in preventing rusting. The last three car's I have owned, from 1989 to 1996 in years, I have had no rust. I live in Pittsburgh and my car's sit outside and we love to put down salt in the winter so there is alot of corrosive eliments on the road during the year. Actually the last car I had rust on me is my 1986 Caprice. I drove it till about 1991 ish when I bought my 89 Crown Vic. I drove the Crown Vic to 2000 and bought a 96 Impala SS. Had that until June when I traded it in on my Magnum. All of which were not undercoated.

I feal that it is a waist of money. Redhouse said that it reduced the amount of road noise. I believe he has a point but I don't think there is a lot of road noise to begin with in my Magnum.

Just my opion.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Jax

I have never used undercoating in MA, where the Hoghway guys spread salt evrywhere the EPA will let them! I have had no rust issues, but my drive way car wash routine includes parking the car over a sprinkler in the lawn or commercial car washes in the freezing winter.

I agree that my Mangim has vey negligable road noise, comperable if not less than my 2002 Sebring had. Much less than our 2000 JXi Limited, but convertables don't count.

So I would have to say that undercoating contributes to the deliquency of today's car owner.[sm=smiley3.gif]

Jax

Quick Reply: Is undercoating worth it...YAY or NAY (why)