Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Looking for '07 Magnum experiences

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:42 AM
rons
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for '07 Magnum experiences

New user here, I'm hoping to order or buy off the lot the '07 Magnum RT. I'm leaning heavily towards the AWD model for inclimate weather driving in the northeast. I've owned AWD cars before and am aware of the snow/wet driving quirks and tire type, I had a 3000GT VR4. I was thinking about the NAV system but I read some people felt in previous years they were difficult to use due to the user interface, has that changed? Better off buying a portable unit? I'd like to do some mild performance mods and read somewhere that the AWD model has certain differences that might prevent the use of some of the mods, big deal or not? I was at a local dealer today and he told me if he ordered one for me he would do $500 over invoice. Think that's a fair deal?

Thanks

Ron

Old 12-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Scimitar
Default RE: Looking for '07 Magnum experiences

I have an '07 R/T AWD that I'm very pleased with. I have the navigation system, but if I had it to do over again, I would not get it, it's not particularly user-friendly, and I think the portable units are better and certainly a lot cheaper. Other than that, I'm pleased with the car, found that it does not particularly like gasoline with 10% ethanol, get 2mpg better mileage with regular. Not that it matters, but I've heard from several sources that 2007 is going to be the last year for the Magnum.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:30 AM
shiltz
Captain

I don't think 07 is going to be the last year, suposedly next model year (08) is getting an interior refresh and a slightly redesigned front end that will be similar in style to the Caliber.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Scimitar

ORIGINAL: shiltz

I don't think 07 is going to be the last year, suposedly next model year (08) is getting an interior refresh and a slightly redesigned front end that will be similar in style to the Caliber.
Well, if that's the case, then I'm glad I bought an "07.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
shiltz
Captain

Well it's pretty much confirmed that the Magnum isn't going away after 07, some spy photo's just came out of the 08 Magnum SRT-8, all new front facia with a smaller grill opening, smaller headlights with likely HID's (had projection lenses), and a hood with a hood scoop basicaly of the same design as the SRT-8 Charger, suposedly there are some changes to the rear end too, different taillights but there weren't any pictures of it.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=49090

Old 12-19-2006, 02:18 PM
RT 2 NV
Veteran

i would go with the portable nav or aftermarket replacement flip out. the maps are dont great on the factory unit and the portable you can take out and reuse in any car and its alot cheaper!!!

Quick Reply: Looking for '07 Magnum experiences