Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

How to remove dash? / Get at radio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Angry Pickle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove dash? / Get at radio?

I'm going to replace my factory radio with a Blaupunkt unit that I have sitting here. Just wondering, those of you that have already done this, how do you remove the dash to get at the radio? Where are the screw / body panel clips, etc?

Sure I'll find em on my own, just looking for the advice of those that have gone before.

Oh and will the same wiring harness on a dodge durango fit on this one? it's labeled all "Dodge vehicles, 2002 and up"

Not sure how I'll manage bypassing the stock amplifier yet. Did any of the past dodges have boston acoustic systems in them? if so there might be a bypass cable adapter I can use...

Old 08-10-2004, 02:24 PM
shiltz
Captain
Default RE: How to remove dash? / Get at radio?

from what I read you just need something thin like a flat head screwdriver and use it to pry the center panel around the stereo and climate control out enough to be able to grab it and just gently pull it off as it's only held on by clips.

no clue on if the wiring harness will work or not, for the factory amp you will probably have to take the input and output wires at the amp cut them and splice them together, that's what I had to do when I replaced the stereo on my dakota with the infinity system which had a seperate amp, haven't actualy replace the stereo on my magnum yet though so haven't actualy tried it, only added subs so far.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 PM
brust60

there are no screws, just clips.

start above the vents using a thin knife and pull it - eeeasy!!

than work your way downwards - you need to disconnect the plugs for the upper switch unit (rear wiper etc.) and from the a/c controlls.
radio is hold in place with four screws.

no big deal!

Old 08-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Angry Pickle
Professional

Found another way without tools/knives. Just open the cigarette lighter area, and pull above it. Pulls out the bottom of the bezel and just work way up.

Unfortunately the Blaupunkt unit I have won't fit. It's one of the older units that's not a standard din size. too wide.

Guess I'll just have to wait for my Blaupunkt Seattle to get here.

Quick Reply: How to remove dash? / Get at radio?