Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

We need a kills forum GT=0 RT=1

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:48 PM
ImaThorp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We need a kills forum GT=0 RT=1

Was heading out of town last night and found myself behind a newer Mustang GT with obnoxious sounding exhaust and half bald rear tires. I hit the ESP button while the wife was distracted and then crept the autostick down into first while at a light. We hit several stoplights through town but he wouldn’t play.

As we entered the interstate, he was on it kinda hard and then as the road straightened rolled onto the throttle and tried to lose me. It was on!

I just stabbed the throttle and was keeping up but then at some point around 80-90MPH I actually started gaining on him and was even able to let off to get beside him and let him have a good look. I then just took it up to just over 120MPH and he was toast. the whole time my wife was frantic trying to get her window up and the sunroof closed and i was just giggling like a school girl.

I slowed to a cruise and he came by laughing and shaking his head. he knew he had been beat, but just didnt yet understand by WHAT?

I was surprised I was able to take him that easily. Oh and YES, he was racing me!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:59 PM
ImaThorp
Default RE: We need a kills forum GT=0 RT=1

Oops I spoke too soon. Sorry Mods, can you move me?

Old 08-10-2004, 08:45 PM
pbf00t
Default RE: We need a kills forum GT=0 RT=1

I have had eight Mustangs, most of them a mix of 94 and newer GT's and Cobras. Some modded, some not.

After a week in my RT Magnum, my seat-o-the-pants Dyno predicts the following race results should you choose to go up against a Mustang. Keep in mind, Mustangs of any year are easy to mod, and it is not always apparent a car has been modded. For example, gears and full exhaust on my 01 Cobra made a huge difference.

87 ~ 93GT - If it is still on the road, it is probably modded, if so the RT dies, stock for stock, RT wins

94 ~ 95GT - RT easy win

96 ~ 98GT - RT easy win, this is probably the easiest kill, these cars are expensive to mod.

99 ~ 04 GT - I give it to the RT, but cheap mods and a good driver in the Mustang could win this one

Bullit - Roughly the same as 99 ~ 04 GT

Mach 1 - RT dies, badly. I've seen these run 12's stock with a good driver. Not sure if the RT could beat the Mach 1 with an auto trans.

96 ~ 98 Cobra - Close, I give the edge to the Cobra if it has a good driver

99 and 01 Cobra - Cobra wins

03 ~ 04 Cobra - RT dies very badly, these approach (and some say exceed) 'vette territory. All it takes is a Lightning pulley to approach 400hp at the wheels.

Quick Reply: We need a kills forum GT=0 RT=1