Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum for towing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
scooter121
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnum for towing

I am trying to tow a 17' enclosed motorcycle trailer with a couple of big bikes. It has some tongue weight. One problem is that the hitch is so low in the first place.

I called all of the big name parts places and no one could come up with an aftermarket air-shock (or any shock for that matter) to fit.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
sb06magnum

Cool Chevy - I don't want to step on anyone here who may already be working to buy your hitch. But if no one has chumped up the cash, I'm would like to buy it. Please let me know.
Thanks - Steve

Old 02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

I hadnt tried looking for shocks, but good to know. You might try seeing if someone around you sells Airlift. There bags that go inside the springs.

Find a trailer place and have them make you a custom ball mount. I had one made thats longer and holds the ball higher than the oem one. That may be why I have no trouble. Mine cost me about $90. You might also try loading them a bit farther back in the trailer to reduce some of the tounge weight. I put cars on centered over the trailer wheels before I tie them down so theres not much tounge weight. I can almost lift the tounge off loaded. If you get a custom mount made, take the trailer you want to tow with you so they can measure it.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
coolchevy

regarding my hitch, I am terribly sorry butit was sold to a Forum member and shipped out of Chicago, unfortunately I was just informed that DHL has misplaced the box. My friend is currently going through the reclaim paperwork and hopefully DHL will refund the money soon. Guess that one will collect dust in one of those warehouses until forever..............

Quick Reply: Magnum for towing