Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Navigation DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007 | 04:44 PM
RoadKiller
|
Default Navigation DVD

Just bought a second hand 06 Magnum RT with the GPS and have noticed a few new streets missing from the map from our neighbourhood as well as a main exit ramp off the local highway that has been removed, but is still on the DVD map. Do they update the navigation DVD? and if so how often?

Old 02-21-2007 | 09:43 PM
kcarlson
Default RE: Navigation DVD

Well first every street will not show up on the nav.As far for updates they only come out so often i dont really know but you wont be getting a new disk every year.I JUST GOT A USED 2006 TOO AND DODGE SENT ME A DISK IN THE MAIL SO I KNOW I GOT THE CURRENT ONE.

Old 02-22-2007 | 05:08 AM
Magmania
Veteran

I don't believe that the maps are updated annually. If you contact the manufacturer of the nav disk (there's a number on the navigation owners manual) or see the service department of your local dealership they could probably hook you up with the latest version for a price. I think that price was somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-$199.

I would like an update but that feels like a rip off to me.

Old 02-22-2007 | 12:26 PM
RoadKiller
|

After a lot of searching on the Net, I finally found a site that lists all the updates, when they were released and what was changed.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm#UPDATE

So, I took out my discand found it's P/N 05060433AC which was released July 15th 2004. Apparently someone may have switched the version that SHOULD have been in my 2006 (P/N 05064033AD or possibly AE) with an older version. I guess a trip back to the dealer is in order.

I also checked out the Navteq website, and the errors from my version have been corrected. You can see the latest version online and report any errors there for them to verify.

Thanks for your input.

Old 02-22-2007 | 01:47 PM
RoadKiller
|

Magmania......LOVE that Hood!

Old 02-22-2007 | 10:27 PM
Strykker
Professional

AE is the latest version that I am aware of. Disc swapping is becoming more common, folks are just taking new cars for test drives without the salesman and then swapping old for new. Not that I am advocating such slight of hand, actually that is stealing and I would be pissed if I bought a new car with a swapped disc.

Quick Reply: Navigation DVD