Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Opinions on Assurance Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM
fr8hauler
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Assurance Tires?

Just about ready to replace the Conti 4x4 Contacts on my AWD R/T with Goodyear Assurance ComfortTreads.
Anyone have any thoughts for or against these new shoes? I live in NE Ohio, so lots of rain and snow to deal with. I would prefer the TripleTread, but it's not available in 18" sizes yet.
Research on some sites seem very positive.
Thanks for any input!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
kcarlson
Default RE: Opinions on Assurance Tires?

I changed out my assurance for the new responsive edge by goodyear.Im very impressed with the way they handle.Also wentwith a little wider tire too 255/55/18

Old 03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Mopard

I have a set on my 04 SS, and got about 13000 miles on them. I love them, never had a tire that stuck like the assurance. The last big storm in Colorado the performed like a champ, cant say that for my '94 SS that got stuck many times with those cheap as Kuhmos.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
shiltz
Captain

I replaced my stockContinentals with Goodyear Assurance's, they are a vast improvement over the stock tires, much more grip in all driving conditions, but an especialy large improvment in snow.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 PM
anauditor

like the guy at the tire store said - referring to the need for frequent replacements:"you gotta be rich to buy the conti's". I know, my leased Jaguar went through three sets during its four year term. the magnum's conti's were promptly replaced with the assurance. great tire, no complaints, 80000 mi warranty.
good luck

Old 03-12-2007, 02:36 AM
rgdawson

I disliked the Conti's and replaced them with Assurance. I drive on mostly imperfect roads with lots of expasion cracks, grooves, and ruts. The Conti's were just incompatible with these roads. I bought the Assurance tires hoping they would be more comfortable and would handle the ruts and grooves in the freeway under contruction on my way to work. These Assurance tires work alot better. Thetires are quieter and more comfortable and more drivable. Now I don't drive my Magnum near its limts too often so I'll let the other racers speak to that.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:20 AM
kowalcs
Professional

I just bought a set for my 06 AWD last week off of Tire Rack. I haven't installed them yet but I'm sure they will be better than the piece of crap Contis. I have 28,000 on the Contis and was going to try to make it through the summer, but after I was hyroplaning like crazy last week in the rain, I'm going to replace them very soon!

Quick Reply: Opinions on Assurance Tires?