Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Remote start question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
dogcatcher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start question

I haven't even taken delivery ofmy 2006 R/T yet, but already planning on upgrades. Remote start is a feature that I found comes in real handy at subzero temperatures. I have seen an OEM kit advertised, but don't know if this is a simple do it yourself project or invasive surgery. Anyone have experience with this?

Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
romeodj
Default RE: Remote start question

I had one Mopar one installed on my 07 I watched a little and it looked a dealer job to me.You could get the after market 200 buckunit butI woudn't.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:59 PM
DrKaos

I have had the OEM remote starter in both of my Magnums. It is a very simple install if you want to do it yourself, it consists of plugging in a harness under the dash, splicing one wire into a tach signal wire on one of the coils, running a wire into the fuse box under the hood and a ground. The only thing that is not so grerat is distance, they claim around 800 feet but cut that in half. Other then that it is not so bad.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
JH Magnum

I have the dealer installed OEM on My 05 Magnum SXT, works great in regular temps. Too cold, doesn't work, too hot doesn't work.

I live in Ottawa Canada, so basically My starter only works in May and November. Save your Money not worth it

Old 10-20-2007, 01:10 AM
nyinstaller

Go after market. IT is not a easy setup for someone who does not know whats going on but. I have a viper 5900
installed with a dei xk532 bypass/ doorlock/ etc system.
after market systems like mine Do about 1 mile range.

also i have window roll up and down modules., very nice.
sorry i am a perfessional installer for chrysler cars i recomend done by perfessional.
not the standard door locks systems etc.

Quick Reply: Remote start question