Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

Dodge Aspen Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
DragginWagon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Aspen Anyone?

I'm new here and would like to show you my new toy. Many of you will hate it, but perhaps someone else will like an oddball choice for a project car. I have a 1973 Ford Torino Cobra Jet car that im working on as well, but when I found this car I found in love. I've always liked Dusters, but since the muscle car explosing, even 225 6 cars are worth a pretty penny. So Why not build a Dodge Aspen/Volare? They have cool body lines, similar size and decent amount of room for a small block. I found this car in a junkyard for 500 bucks and it ran great. not really sure it why it was in a junkyard, it's in too good of shape.

Specs:

1979 Dodge Aspen Wagon
Factory 318 Car
Automactic of course
Black with woodgrain
Luggage racks
spotless interior
Working A/C and AM radio

The factory 2bbl is old and giving me alot of problems setting up the choke, so I will most likely swap it out to a 4bbl intake and holley carb setup.

Plans down the road are to swap in my father 360 block that was going into his 93 ram.

360 standard rebuild
Magnum heads
9.1:1 compression
Headers w/true duals
comp 232/232
Dual plane intake
600 cfm carb

It should make more than enough torque to make this car fun. now all I need to do is swap out those puny 2.7x gears for some 3.55's and 2500 stall!

Name:  DSC01127.jpg
Views: 3495
Size:  153.8 KB

Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: Dodge Aspen Anyone?

I like those cars, nice and unique. Ugly duckling to most.

Only thing I don't like on that one is the wood-grain deal. If it were a two-tone, that'd be pretty sweet.

Good luck with it.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator

I like the woodgrain, gives it a "Griswald" kinda look...

Old 01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

Looks neat. Those "meats" fill up the wheel wells nicely! The 4brl will be a nice upgrade. I spent countless hours trying to get the 2brl on my parent's '76 Aspen wagon to function properly...time I'll never get back[>:]

Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 AM
blasphemous

Nice looking car... Generally I hate the woodgrain on any car, but it actually isn't that bad on yours for some reason. Perhaps it's the dark paint that makes it go well together. I'm diggin the "sleeper wagon" build you have. I'd say keep it a single exhaust (albeit a 3" system) to maintain some credibility as a sleeper. In that car, I'd love to get the "WTF just blew my doors off?" look!

Quick Reply: Dodge Aspen Anyone?