Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

Mopars at the Strip

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:14 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mopars at the Strip

Not at a track, but I have many times on the street. However, now that I have the 440 and the 3" TTI exhaust on it, no one wants to play on the street like they did when it had the quiet stock exhaust and lesser powered 400. I would love to take it down the strip, but I expect it to be a little on the slow side with high speed since it has the original 3.23 Sure Grip. Since I had it up to 145 MPH with the nose in the air causing air to get under it shaking it and plenty of pedal left with the 400 and stock exhaust and 727, I would be really interested to see it's actual top speed is now that it has the 440, exhaust, street/strip built 727 and the nose lowered back to level where it belongs. I would prefer to have a 3.91 or 4.10 for the strip, but I have always had the 3.23 so that would be the only way to run it. I need to get a slight leak taken care of before I can get it on a track. If we ever get around to it, my dad and I can check out the cars with his G-Tech Pro for now. I would like to check the G-Tech Pro for accuracy at the track, that is the only true way to check it.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:20 PM
big asp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopars at the Strip

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner
I need to get a slight leak taken care of before I can get it on a track.
Sounds like we're in the same boat.

Quick Reply: Mopars at the Strip