Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

$3500.00? Is this realistic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Casey1958
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $3500.00? Is this realistic?

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...5/78973585.htm

What would be the top 10 things to do on this car, (in order). I'm a newbie. Also, is this price realistic?

Old 08-27-2005, 01:04 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: $3500.00? Is this realistic?

hmm..it has a 361...it must be rare...

Old 08-28-2005, 11:07 AM
big asp
Veteran

$3,500 is a little high IMO but may be okay if the rust is minimal and most of the car is there.

I don't know about the first ten things but the most important thing to start with is deciding on a plan. How are you going to use the car? Are you going stock or are you going modified? Will it be a street cruiser or a drag strip terror? Will it be a show car or a demolition derby car? Choose a theme. Judges look for how well a car sticks to a given theme in the modified classes. Next is body prep. A good paint job is 90% prep work and 10% paint. Don't take shortcuts and put bandaids on the rust or dents. Fix it right the first time or it will come back to haunt you later. And remember, Bondo is NOT your friend. The next most important thing which is overlooked way too much is suspension. Do some research based on your overall theme and the intended useage of the car. This includes things like redoing the bushings. Upgrade them if your looking for performance. Put in subframe connectors. Use the proper springs and shocks to fit the way you're going to use the car. All the horsepower in the world won't do you any good if you can't get it to the pavement. This is a good place to start and will keep you busy for a while. The key to building a nice car is patience. Don't cut corners and pay close attention to detail.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:51 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, your intentions with the car means everything when it comes to what to do and when to do it. Are you wanting to restore it, restify it, drag race it, drive it daily, etc.? Answer that question and then we might be able to help you with a plan of attack.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:44 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

That car would be a nice one restored, but it needs pretty much everything. Probably overpriced by about a grand, IMO. A 361 is rare, but not as desirable as a 383, and would be worth less if you ever had to resell down the road. Are all the engine parts there with it? It's probably more than a 'newbie' should attempt as a first project, as you would probably get discouraged and never finish it, because of the level of work needed. You'd probably be further ahead to spend more for a car needing less work for a first-timer.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

hey if ur a newb at bulding up.... if i were u i would try and start on something small.... like just a motor, and then buy a rolling chassis if u feel like goin on with the project...just my opinion

back to the car... i know some guys will hate me for saying this, but it would be sweet dropped, shaved, and with a candy paint

Quick Reply: $3500.00? Is this realistic?