Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

69 Charger RT 440

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Angies69RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 69 Charger RT 440

New to the forum. Need help w car I just inherited. Only one previous owner before my brother. Brother kept it in storage nearly 30 YEARS. 57,000 original miles but needs lots of work. May be a "barnyard find" but not sure what qualifies one to be labeled such. Not sure if I want to invest in this project or sell as is. Have read horror stories about original parts being stolen by shady restoration shops. Two questions: Can I temporarily put 215/65R15 tires on it during restoration process, if I go that route? And the obvious...what is range for a "barnyard find" vs restored?

Old 07-30-2017, 02:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Depends on how much work is needed to restore it. And it depends on what size wheels you have as to whether or not those tires will fit.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Angies69RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was hoping to get idea on rock bottom, i.e. What price is fair rock bottom minimum - a "don't-go-below" price. Not sure I'm explaining correctly. In other words, if someone says "I'll give you $2,000." What would qualify it as a "barnyard find" and as for tires, just want to now if I can use the 215/65R15's on it while I'm working on it...to get it off the ground (sitting on flat tires now). Have a set already so it would save me from buying others.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Any charger from that era is collectable. Price depends on a lot of factors like is it original or did someone put the 440 in it. Does it need more sheet metal than it has on it? Pics would help!!! I wouldn't be concerned if it's a barnyard find, That isn't all ways good. If it has been in storage(dry garage) that would be a plus. What tires you put on to move it really don't matter unless they rub. I would really like to see some pics!