Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

independent suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:30 AM
BillB
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default independent suspension

Has anyone put a independent suspension into a B body? I'm looking into putting a Corvette or caddy STS rear into my project 69 Satellite.
Thanks.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
exline
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: independent suspension

well actually I have. I have a frame jig and fixtures for the corvette C4 suspension. I do conversions on 63-83 corvettes and upgrade them to the 85-96 style C4 suspension. now dont have a cow I'm not a big chevy nut I like them all .I only have one chevy,and about 10 mopars at my place.

I can set corvette suspension ,C4, in just about anything you want.I have a challenger that is going to get the corvette stuff,the rear will be the dana 44 fron a 85-96 vette it is stronger than the dana 36 used in the automatic cars.the 44 only came in the stick cars and is more expensive.but you dont have to say you have a chevy rear because the viper uses a dana 44 I believe also.

I run a custom auto shop in southern PA ,I do a lot of street rod and muscle car work mostly all custom stuff.I have a daytona ,1992, with a 360 ci and four speed in it that i converted to rear wheel drive back in 1999. Its getting a 5.7l hemi and T56 six speed over the winter.I have a bunch of pictures of some of the stuff i have built if your interested. you can email me at exlinecustomauto@frontiernet.net
If your interested email me and I will see what we can come up with.I'm sure it can be done I love projects like that! I have set those rears in other cars but not a B body yet I would have to set the car on the frame jig and do all the frame work on the jig then you would just bolt it all together. I can help you get the suspension parts also if you need me to.I will be at the corvettes at carlisle show this month and you can usaully find seversl there.

here is a picture of a frame i finished ,it is a 67 corvette frame that I converted to 1996 C4 corvette rear suspension, I also did the front, I made a lot of the frame because it was rotted but a lot of times i can just make new mounts for the suspension and use a lot of the original frame. The one in this picture I also narrowed 4",I have special fixtures to narrow the width if you want something with wide tires.I can cut all the parts and make them the size you need, well at least to a point,narrowing the rear more than 4" can start to cause handeling issues so i dont recomend going any narrower than that.
hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25694/E7A8823576B84C758C81B183A7438462.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: independent suspension