Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Tranny died

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny died

Project neons ATX has officialy expired. The car has been parked for a couple of weeks due to the fact of a pretty good fluid leak which we thought was the drivers side axle seal. This weekend my friend went to replace the seal and before he even got the axle out he called me and told me what he had found. His exact words were "Dude the seal isn't the problem, there is a hole the size of a quarter in the transmission caseing right above the seal. And there is a peice of metal sticking out of it." So now project neon is parked a bit early for the winter (he wasn't going to drive it this winter anyway) and we have to get another transmission. I'm not totally sure what he his going to want to due about a transmission, If he is going to want to swap to an MTX or if he wants to stay with ATX. I'm kinda hopeing he wants to stay with the ATX cause its a lot less work but its completely up to him. This whole deal kinda sucks though cause now he has to spend money on another tranny and not performance parts.

Old 10-04-2004, 01:54 PM
LoNeWuLf
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tranny died

SUCKY!!!

im working on my mechanic friends neon.

Thats a crapload of work to go manual.. A lot of things need changed out for a ATX to MTX swap. I told him to just get a mtx neon.. hes thinkin bout it.

He cant drive his car during the winter because its so tricked out.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

Sounds almost like he blew the diff out of it. But then again, I dunno what it actually looks like since I'm not technically there to see it.

At any rate, sorry to hear about that.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

I haven't seen it yet either. I'm just going from what he said over the phone. The good news is he likes his neon and plans on putting in a tranny even though he has two other vehicles. So the neon can sit for a while till he can get another tranny. I'm trying to convince him to get another ATX and have it built up before we install it and so far that seems to be working so we will see (I have my fingers crossed ).

Quick Reply: Tranny died