Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Neon Stock Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Phishstang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon Stock Radio Removal

Hello, I am considering purchasing a new deck for my 2003 Neon. I have looked at the stock radio and cannot see how to remove it in order to install the new deck. Could anyone who has done this or knows how to do it please answer me here. Any information on how to remove the old radio would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Phishstang

Old 10-07-2004, 02:25 AM
sushi423
Veteran
Default RE: Neon Stock Radio Removal

well idk about 03's but in a first gen teh dash piece around the radio and a/c controls just pops off... but you have to take out the ash tray underneath first, then its a matter of 2 bolts on each corner, not very hard to do, so if the second gens are anything like the first gens i hope this helps

Old 10-07-2004, 01:42 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

To Pull the outer frame off = take the control ***** off, they just pull off, Then take a small flat blade scre driver and put on side of vent. to pry out. You need to take the 2 vents out, right behind them there are 2 screws. Take them out, then the frame piece will pull off. Then there are 4 screws on the radio, undo them and it will come right out. Took me about 5 minutes to take out the old stereo and put in the new as long as you get the wire adapter and the faceplate and the antenna adapter.. I have an 04 neon and the 03's are pretty much the same.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:50 PM
TJW815
Veteran

03 removal is just the same as techmanbd put it.

Old 10-09-2004, 02:39 AM
GroundControl
Veteran

above the radio pop out the two vents. there are two screws in there where the vent is. unscrew the screws and pop the side piece off. the will be 4 screws holding the plastic piece of the radio in. unscrew the screws and pull the radio out.

Quick Reply: Neon Stock Radio Removal