Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Down the road for my 01SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 07:45 PM
NeonDriver01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down the road for my 01SE

Ok, so my neons engine right now is all stock...here are some mods im looking to do down the road, I dont know which brands are good though...my brother knows a lot about cars. he restored a 73 mach 1 stangg. but neons are a little different
Ok, i want to get a new exhaust. I have a 2001 neon se pretty sure its a sohc. I was thinking about the borla dual catback on modernperformance..any good? different suggestions? Also im going to be going K&N filters and want a intake...the cold air intake is to intimidating for me though so i will prolly go with a hot air intake. any suggestions on those? When i do the exhaust ill prolly get a header. im totally clueless on those so any info would help. and finally for now im going to be replacing my stock 14s in the spring with 16s so ill be in the market for rims. Im undecided about chrome or gunmetal or something on that line...my car is a glossy red so i think chrome might make it look better.
Any comments or suggestions you guys/gals might have would help a lot im sick of this stock stuff time to dent the wallet

Old 10-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Cr@zy Squ33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Down the road for my 01SE

Borla is a very good exhaust.

I wouldn't get the HAI it's not really going to improve your performance. I'd really ocnsider the CAI. It's really not that difficult to install.

As for headers, Pacesetter is the nest performance mod for a little money. It's not a high quality piece but it's a good header. If you are looking for a good header there are a few long tube headers that you can look into, the Kirk seems to be th efavorite. But long tubes require modification to the exhaust system wereas the Pacesetter doesn't.

Quick Reply: Down the road for my 01SE