Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Idile running low?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004 | 10:50 AM
NeonGal27
|
Veteran
Default Idile running low?

[&:] Ok, is it me or is all Neon terrible when it comes to a stop? Everytime I come to a stop and have it in drive with my foot on the brake the idile droppes severly. I took it into our local dealership over the summer and was told if it dyes to bring it in right away casue the computer chip will log an error code. Well......it has not gotten to that point yet. Now, my sis just bought a 2004 or 2005 (not for sure) SXT, silver, nice too. Believe it or not hers does the same thing! She asked me about it and I told her that Neons or famous for that. Low idile and terrible squeaking back brakes when it rains or after you wah your car. So if anyone can offer me any insite it would be much helpful. I know I dont know alot about super sport engines or extreme modifications but hey, I do know a little. Bye.

(Will get a picture of my Neon ASAP......hopefully by Thursday or Friday evening!)

Old 10-20-2004 | 12:40 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: Idile running low?

It drops how much? Does it hold steady at certain rpm once you're sitting at a stop? I know for my car that after I take it out of gear and I come to a stop the rpms drop to 800. Which is where mine idles, its done it from the first day I've owned the car. Drum brakes are notorious for making weird noises. I'm not sure how they work let alone how to make the noise stop.

Old 10-20-2004 | 02:11 PM
casper
Legend

I idle is going to drop a little when you are at a stop on the brakes. The power brakes are vacum controlled, and so is the motor, when you step on the brakes it effects the vacum presure levels, all cars will do it, its going to effect a 4 cyl more than a 8 cyl though.

Old 10-20-2004 | 04:34 PM
Deadeye2004

Same thing will happen when you engage the AC to, allthough it your crusing at 65 MPH your not going to notice.

Old 10-20-2004 | 05:57 PM
casper
Legend

yeah it will also do it if the alternator has a high draw. The alternator and a/c are a different thing though, they are direct drives off of the motor. The power brake booster is just changing the vacum levels.

Quick Reply: Idile running low?