Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

exhaust upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Flash_Gordon2392
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust upgrades

I have a question to ask every one,I just got my dnx muffler from jegs and placed on yesterday and I love the sound that it's giving me at this time,and I don't want to forget about the power too.If I want to change the stock system to a cat-back,how can it be done,and doI need to have it fabucate?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Default RE: exhaust upgrades

Well technically you have already completed the "catback" system so far. Generally a catback system means the muffler being replaced with a performance one, like you have. If you want to go a little deeper than what the average person does, you can replace your exisiting catalytic converter with say a universal magnaflow cat. These cats feature the "honeycomb" style inside that allow for maximum flow. I believe stock piping on a neon is about 2.25". So I think it'd be a nice upgrade if you got a 2.5" inlet/outlet universal magnaflow catalytic converter off of summitracing.com. Then just have somebody you know take of your existing cat, and have them swap it out with your new one. You'll get an increase in tone, and pick up a little extra horsepower, can't beat that. Then, theres always the most obvious performance mod...The cold air intake. If you haven't invested into one of those, it's one of the most effective bolt on modification. It's reasonably cheap as well. If you do get a cold air intake kit, do not get the short ram style. Get the "True" cold air intake. AEM offers a very nice cold air intake kit that goes down to the fender well of the car to draw in maximum fresh colder air. Sounds AWESOME too! When I had my neon, this is what it sounded like with a true cold air intake, shorty header, hi-flow cat, and a vibrant dual exhaust system, just loved the sound, just didn't offer enough power for me tho

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BBjp4PKZ0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DsuRM2BrhUA

And this is what got me to trade the neon in lol[8D]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r5GrnL6kGzA

Old 11-17-2007, 10:22 AM
kbanpball

Ok thats wrong. A cat back system is simply that, upgrading the exhaust system to a larger one from the catalytic converter back. Neons do have a 2.25" exhaust and replacing the muffler is part of it but not all of it. He is right the vibrant dual exhaust and a cold air intake is an amazing sound EVERYONE will love. Deff. doesnt sound like a 4 banger.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM
99r/tneon
Rookie

another thing to consider is (dont know how true it is) but i heard that neons need a certain amount of back pressure to run right... but like i said for all i know that could be completely not true.

Quick Reply: exhaust upgrades