Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

who does their own oil change in new neons

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004 | 09:02 PM
AirWolf
Default who does their own oil change in new neons

can I do my own oil change in my new sxt this will be my 2nd oil change have 6400 miles now. what oil should I use for her. Is shell ok or plain mobil not the expensive stuff. will it ruin my warrenty.

Old 10-29-2004 | 09:46 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Default RE: who does their own oil change in new neons

No it won't ruin your warranty, and just to be safe what I do is save the receipt of your oil and filter you buy with your car documents and in your manual tehre is a section to right down mainenance you do on your car. Put in date, what oil and filter you use and that you did it.

Right now I don't change my own oil because I got the extended warranty and the oil change and lube are free. But sooner or later I will start doing it myself because it takes like an 1 1/2 to wait even with a freakin appointment. Especially when my fridays become an 8 hour day instead of 4 hours.

As for oil, I would use Mobil 1, but you mentioned not the expensive stuff, so go with regular Mobil Oil, that will be fine.

Old 10-29-2004 | 10:38 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yup, pure synthetic oil is the best, but if it's too pricey, any good SAE oil with the ratings your owners manual lists will do. Just be sure to get the correct "weight" (10W-30, 10W-40, etc)...

Old 10-30-2004 | 01:28 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I change my own oil...I've changed it everytime except the first one which the dealer did. I use mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic with a mobil 1 filter.

Quick Reply: who does their own oil change in new neons